SkillsUSA: Champions at Work, United as One
SkillsUSA is the national vocational student organization serving trade, industrial, technical and health occupations. It provides students with leadership, citizenship and character development programs and activities. The Wilcox Tech Team competes in the annual state and national competitions.
Fast Facts About the Skilled Trades Gap:
- 3 million trade jobs remain vacant in the US.
- Demand for construction workers is projected to rise by 1.2-2 million jobs by 2023.
- Finding qualified candidates is the top hurdle hiring managers expect to face in 2021.
- Nearly 25% of the manufacturing workforce is 55 or older.
- In-demand skilled trades positions can lead to great-paying, highly fulfilling careers, often with little or no college debt.