All Wilcox Technical High School seats for 2023-2024 are currently filled.
Apply Now! Waitlist applications are now being accepted for:
- Current 8th grade students for August 2023 start date.
- Current 9th grade students for August 2023 start date.
- Waitlist applications are reviewed as seats become available.
- This waitlist will be purged October 1, 2023.
- New Applications will be available in the fall of 2023.
Thank you for your interest in the Connecticut Technical Education and Career System (CTECS)!
CTECS is very different from traditional high schools. We recommend students genuinely be interested in earning a technical education, learning a trade, and have a deep understanding of the rigor and demands of a CTECS education, including:
- A 182-day academic curriculum being taught in 91 days each year.
- The number of hours required to learn trade skills (both during school hours, after school, and beyond graduation in some instances).
- Requirements of earning credentials, certifications, and licensure for specific trades.
We recommend that you examine the CTECS website to understand some of the details of successfully earning a trade certification in conjunction with an academic high school diploma, which is offered to students who choose to attend a technical high school.